Why Mommy Marks?

When I was 41 weeks pregnant with my third child my little super hero asked, “Why do you have spider webs on your belly?” I explained that those spider webs were actually stretch marks. To which my fairy princess responded, “Those aren’t stretch marks, those are Mommy Marks”.
Our Mommy Marks are more than skin deep. Our Mommy Marks are the ways we nurture, teach, and discipline are children. Mommy marks are also the ways our kiddos teach us to slow down, not be so serious, and enjoy the small things.









Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Real housewives of Beverly Hills vs. a Real housewife of Toledo

Okay, so I just finished watching the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills.  All I have to say is $25,000.00 sunglasses.  What!!! Who spends $25,000.00 on sunglasses?  REALLY!!  I have a tough time fathoming spending $25,000.00 on anything let alone a pair of sunglasses.  So, it got me thinking, just what do I have in common with these “housewives”, if anything?

They have a cook…. I have a cook.


They have a driver….I have a driver.


They have staff to walk their dog…I have staff to walk my dog.


They have maids…I have a maid.


They have security…I have security.




I guess our lives aren’t that different after all. Well, I am off to see about getting a second mortgage on my house so I can get me some kick ass shades.

No comments:

Post a Comment