Why Mommy Marks?

When I was 41 weeks pregnant with my third child my little super hero asked, “Why do you have spider webs on your belly?” I explained that those spider webs were actually stretch marks. To which my fairy princess responded, “Those aren’t stretch marks, those are Mommy Marks”.
Our Mommy Marks are more than skin deep. Our Mommy Marks are the ways we nurture, teach, and discipline are children. Mommy marks are also the ways our kiddos teach us to slow down, not be so serious, and enjoy the small things.









Thursday, September 29, 2011

Thrifty Thursday

Thrifty Thursday
I said a little prayer last night that today be a “normal” Thursday.  My prayer was answered! Everything ran smoothly today.  I dropped off the kiddos at their schools, Maddy actually had an uninterrupted nap, and I was able to spend some much needed time with a few appliances (dishwasher and washer/dryer).


Poor Alligator never stood a chance.
How can he compete with Power Rangers & Brobee?

After picking up Max I decided to checkout a local second-hand store near my house. Mya needs some pants so I figured I’d give it a gander. I was surprised at how clean the store was there wasn’t a ton of stuff piled up like other second hand stores.  Unfortunately there were no pants in Mya’s size but there were some nice Halloween costumes. Max screamed when he found the Power Ranger costume, it was the red Power Ranger and his absolute favorite.  So we added a costume to our make-believe box. 

Runner up, in case the power ranger can’t
fulfill its obligations Brobee will step in.


He put on the costume as soon as we got home and has been wearing it ever since. I’d say we have already gotten our moneys worth. Wish me luck convincing him to take it off tonight.
Yes, he even wore it to go pick up his sister from school.

No comments:

Post a Comment