Why Mommy Marks?

When I was 41 weeks pregnant with my third child my little super hero asked, “Why do you have spider webs on your belly?” I explained that those spider webs were actually stretch marks. To which my fairy princess responded, “Those aren’t stretch marks, those are Mommy Marks”.
Our Mommy Marks are more than skin deep. Our Mommy Marks are the ways we nurture, teach, and discipline are children. Mommy marks are also the ways our kiddos teach us to slow down, not be so serious, and enjoy the small things.









Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The mystery of the substance on the floor- mommy is on the case!

As I walked through my home the umpteenth time today I stepped in something cold, wet, and slimy. My mind immediately started to wander, could it be dog drool? …Baby spit up? …Cat puke? Then I found myself actually routing for the dog drool..please let it be dog drool, please let it be dog drool. So I slowly looked down at the floor and at the substance on the bottom of my foot and it was clear. Well, I could rule out baby spit up because the baby had milk and squash to eat which would not be clear. So, I was down to dog drool or cat puke. So I went in for the old sniff test. I smelled my foot and it was odorless. YES! We have a winner, it is only dog drool. That made my day. Not only did I solve the case but I only stepped in dog drool which in the grand scheme of things is the least offensive cold, wet, slimy thing to be found on the floor.
Case Closed- I can cross that off my to do list today!

No comments:

Post a Comment