Why Mommy Marks?

When I was 41 weeks pregnant with my third child my little super hero asked, “Why do you have spider webs on your belly?” I explained that those spider webs were actually stretch marks. To which my fairy princess responded, “Those aren’t stretch marks, those are Mommy Marks”.
Our Mommy Marks are more than skin deep. Our Mommy Marks are the ways we nurture, teach, and discipline are children. Mommy marks are also the ways our kiddos teach us to slow down, not be so serious, and enjoy the small things.









Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Clipping for a Cause


Clipping for a Cause
There are three activities that encompass this endeavor.  They can each be a lot of fun when done with friends.

1st Chit Chat & Clip

So I am a huge fan of the Krazy Coupon Lady and thanks to their website and book I have managed to organize an efficient coupon binder and become a savvy shopper. On my last shopping adventure the total was $400.00 and I paid $260.  Granted, I still think there is room for improvement but it is a good starting point. 

Anyway, perhaps we could meet at a local coffee shop and chit chat and clip.

2nd Cart to Car

We would then meet up at the grocery store, place the items we clipped the coupons for in the cart, pay for the items, and then place them in the car. Again, this could be a lot of fun with friends (preferably no children for this trip- we need sharp mommy brains to stay focused).

3rd Car to food pantry (darn, I was trying to come up with word that begins with c)

A designated group could then drive the donations to the food pantry and if they wish possibly stay and help sort and organize the donated products.

What do you say? Who is with me?

Time frame: this does not all have to occur in a specific time frame.  Step one could occur over the course of a month or so but the 2nd and 3rd are more time sensitive.


No comments:

Post a Comment